The Knights of Columbus Council #14671 is housed out of Sacred Hearts Catholic Church. They meet on the first Wednesday of the Month.
The KofC is a fraternal organization for Catholic gentlemen ages 18 years or older that are in good standing with Mother Church.
Acting Grand Knight – Chancellor – Dennis Zoulek
Deputy Grand Knight – Vacant
Chancellor – Dennis Zoulek
Recorder – Carl Hess
Treasurer – Will Schindley
Advocate – Kurt Kiesel
Warden – Mauri Jason
Inside Guard – Weston Bell
Outside Guard – Zack Reeve
3 Year Trustee – Gerry Dieter
Upcoming Council #14671 Events
- June 3, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - KofC Membership Meeting - See more details
- June 13, 2020 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am - Knight of Columbus Pancake Breakfast - See more details
- July 1, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - KofC Membership Meeting - See more details
- July 11, 2020 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am - Knight of Columbus Pancake Breakfast - See more details
- August 5, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - KofC Membership Meeting - See more details
- August 8, 2020 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am - Knight of Columbus Pancake Breakfast - See more details
Our Knights have 2 monthly meetings. A members only meeting on the 1st Wednesday of the month, and then an open social meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. The Knights don aprons and spatulas flipping pancakes every Second Saturday to raise money for local Morrow county charities. Late every fall the knight will distribute hams and baskets of food to families in need in the community, each year they distribute literally over 1,000 pounds of food. In the summer the Knights are often seen working at the Farm days, County Fair, and Mt Gilead Corn Festival.
History of the Knights
The Knights of Columbus is the world’s largest Catholic fraternal service organization. Founded by Michael J. McGivney in New Haven, Connecticut, in 1882, it was named in honor of the explorer Christopher Columbus. Originally serving as a mutual benefit society to working-class and immigrant Catholics in the United States, it developed into a fraternal benefit society dedicated to providing charitable services, including war and disaster relief, actively defending Catholicism in various nations, and promoting Catholic education. The Knights also support the Catholic Church’s positions on public policy issues, including various political causes, and are participants in the new evangelization.