Sacred Hearts church uses a dynamic and engaging program to empower families to live the faith. The goal of this format is to allow the faith to be taught and lived in the home, the “domestic church,” so that children can experience the witness of faith. Our program meets once a month on the first Sunday of each month from 10:00am to 11:30am. Parents attend a class while the students group off into age appropriate classrooms. The parents then take home lessons for weekly catechesis. Each home lesson is estimated to take an hour.
- Preschool- 6th grade: Family Formation
- 7th-9th Grade: Confirmation prep
- 10th-12th Grade: High School Youth Group
• April 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am - Catechesis Sunday (PSR classes)
• May 5, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am - Catechesis Sunday (PSR classes)
• May 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am - First Communion
This years important documents:
- 2018-19 Calendar
- Child Release
- Month 1 Handouts
- Month 2 Handouts
About Family Formation for Parishes
The program Family Formation equips the parents to pass on the Catholic Faith to their children enabling them to grow in their faith together as a family. It provides a unique, challenging, and creative curriculum that is family-based, includes adult catechesis and training for parents, is founded on the Truth and teachings of the Catholic Church, and is designed to make living the Faith a way of life and a life-long learning adventure.
For more information about this program please visit familyformation.net.